The Rub Bua is a one of a kind tradition celebrated in Bang Phli District, Samut Prakan province.
The Rub Bua tradition has passed down through generations as a way of showing generosity to new comers while preserving a local way of life along the canal. It takes place annually one day before the end of the Buddhist Lent. The people that are waiting along the bank of the canal, will throw the lotus flowers into a beautiful parade of boats that are carrying a large Budda statue as it moves along the canal as a sign of respect. There are also music and dancers on the boat.
We will also visit the Bang Phli Old Market and a local temple. This year it will be on Sunday 9th October 2022. The parade will take place on Samrong canal.
We will meet at 7.00 a.m. at Udom Suk BTS and will return there for approximately 12.30pm. We need at least 4 people to go ahead with this.
Cost: 1,200 baht per person including transport from Udom Suk and back, drinking water and snacks.
Pick-up Point : Udom Suk BTS at 07.00 a.m.
Highlights of the The Rub Bua Event
- Date : Sunday 9th October 2022
- Pick-up Point : Udom Suk BTS at 7.00 a.m.
- Return : approximately 12.30 p.m.
- Minimum Members for this trip : 4 people
- Cost : 1,200 Baht per person
- Facilities : Included round-trip transportation, drinking water and snacks
- Bonus Activities : visit the Bang Phli Old Market and a local temple.